Monday, April 5, 2010

Extra credit opportunity

April is National Poetry Month. We haven't had much of a chance to look at poems this year, other than our war unit, although I do plan to spend some time on them in May.

If you were unhappy with your progress report today, or if you just want to share some poetry with the world, here's what you can do:

Find a poem you really love. Perhaps you've already run across it in your life. For me, one of my favorites is Gary Soto's "Ode to El Molcajete." I'll share it with you in morning meeting tomorrow.

You should share your favorite poem in a morning meeting sometime this month. In my ideal world, we'd have a different someone shar a different poem every day. You'll read it nicely and clearly so everyone can understand. We'll listen seriously and clap for you if you do a nice job. We'll probably clap for you even if you do a crummy job. But you won't do a crummy job.

Email or FB me if you're interested, and I'll put you on the schedule.

No comments: