Saturday, September 13, 2008

Aftermath

Hi you guys. I don't know if anyone is checking this / has power, but just in case...

I went to the campus a couple hours ago, and there is some significant damage to the school. However, it's not anything we cannot handle.

Some classrooms had a lot of roof damage, and a couple have holes in the walls because of wood that flew around. Power lines are down all over campus that were ripped by metal flying around. The canopies are surprisingly okay although some are warped. Because the teachers don't yet know how their rooms fared, I'll refrain from saying which rooms got hurt the most. But mine is fine. The tree on the left side is more or less destroyed, and a bunch of metal smashed our garden. The shed behind the chem building is absolutely devastated.

The cafeteria, office, and college corner are fine. The gym is slightly damaged at one end of the roof, and some water got blown in under the doors, but nothing too bad. Our cool new signs at the front of the campus are toast, sadly.

But long story short, we'll be okay. This is not an official statement - it's just my guess - but I think it will take some time to ready the campus for the students to return. I have no idea how much time, whether it be a day or several. I will let you know as much as I know.

I hope you are all safe, safe, safe.

No comments: