Monday, July 14, 2008

A bunch of good stuff

So I got a minute behind on wishing people happy birthday. Yesterday was Robert Martinez's, and this coming Wednesday is Nancy Guevara's. Robert, sorry for the belatedness, and Nancy, I hope that the good folks at Marathon treat you right on your special day. I'm also pretty sure that Johana Balderas's birthday has been recently, but I am working of an 06-07 roster, so I just am not sure. Happy birthday everyday, Johana! (I only have you one pic of you, and you wouldn't want me to put up this particular one - you weren't ready for the camera.)




More student sightings this past week, and I'm getting pumped to see the rest of you soon! Today, Victor Esparza and Kevin Bravo joined the sixth-grade team. Both Kevin and Jessica Trejo were rocking the senior purple, and Crystal got a new tattoo that's purple. She proudly showed that off to me. Today, in Edwards's office, while acting like idiots as usual, I came up with a good senior motto. At least I think it's good, but I'm a million years old.

PURPLE REIGN.

What do you think? I'm thinking a big PURPLE sign in one of my windows and a big REIGN sign in the other. Aw yeah. But you don't have to listen to Queen Dork if you don't wanna.

Important Save-the-Date info

On Friday, August 1, you guys will need to be up at school for senior photos, orientation, and scheduling stuff. A small but important focus group of seniors informed me that it would be cool to have our first Overnight that night, so plan to spend the evening in the gym, playing basketball, rock band, raving...all that good jazz. Spread the word. You should also be getting a letter from Hudley about all of it, if you haven't already.

I want to say a big public thank you to Mikhail Abad for bringing me a lurvly hand-stitched wall-hanging from El Salvador. It's of grapes (wrathful ones, perhaps) and is just so very thoughtful. I can't wait to put it up on the walls once the little kids are out of summer session.

Give a holler, children, I miss you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yup im pretty sure the woman that stitched it was feeling pretty mad and angry while she stitching it, so they could be grapes of wrath lol.