Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Chocolate Swirl Bread

I said it was a phase, but Ms. Vasak has declared it an obsession. Perhaps so. Whatever you want to call it, it's a darn good thing I'll be going back to work soon, because I have used more sticks of butter the past 10 days than I have graded papers. I could get a little too used to this.

This was just as complicated as the pretzels. I haven't tasted it yet, but am excited to try it. Getting it out of the Bundt pan will be an adventure.

This pic is after I made the dough from a yeast mixture and let it rise for two hours.


The chocolate sauce is mixed with cinnamon, which made my sample of it taste just like hot chocolate abuelita. I have a good feeling about this.


Chocolate hemorrhage while rolling it up.


Messy, messy. The discoloration comes from my sloppy work with chocolatey fingers.


Streusel topping with chocolate chips, chopped pecans, more cinnamon, more sugar, more butter. Nothin' but love. I initially thought I'd leave off the topping, but then I stopped being a moron.


Finished, slightly lopsided (who cares?) product



No comments: