Sunday, August 16, 2009

Class officer details

Tomorrow, I will give you guys nomination forms for class officers. Here's a crude breakdown of responsibilities:

President: Ultimately, this person's main responsibility will be planning and running morning meetings. He or she will organize and recruit help for various class activities, such as overnights, field trips, and other speicial occasions. He or she will serve as the voice of the senior class.

Vice President: This person assists in planning the morning meetings and will be responsible for maintaining both the senior activity calendar and birthday recognitions. When necessary, this person will visit the morning meetings of other grade levels to make announcements.

Treasurer: The treasurer will collect money whenever necessary (for shirt orders, field trips, etc.) and will track all fundraising for prom. Must be good with math and be able to keep Ms. Rayburn's head on straight.

Secretary: The secretary should be someone who's participated in a blood drive in the past, because it will be his/her responsibility to organize blood drive volunteers and recruit donors. Ms. Rayburn will help with this initially.

ALL class officers will be called on as necessary to assist with activities as they arise. These four people will serve as a panel of advisers to the administration and senior faculty as necessary. Being a class officer looks good on a resume, sure, but it also an opportunity to be sure that your class reaches its goals this year and maintains its stellar reputation.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Jake P. For P!!!!!

Julie said...

Hi Ms. Rayburn,

As you know I'm running for President this year and I have a couple of reasons why I want to be elected. I'm really excited about this year and I feel like I would be a good leader to represent class of 2010. I'm very organized and I'm also not afraid of public speaking. So far I think I've shown the class that I am dedicated and willing to do anything to make this year successful. In the summer I came up with the idea of having a carwash and I helped organized it. I also recommended having a senior meeting before school started, and I made sure that all the class knew about it. I'm willing to share my ideas with the rest of the class because I want to make this year different and unique compared from the other past years. I'm not doing this just because I want to make my resume look good, but I really want to represent my class and make it a great year for all of us. Thank you for taking the time and reading this. See you on Monday.

Julie Solis

yesii said...

Hello SEN10R class,

Thankyou for choosing me to be a nominee for Vice President for our class, i couldn't be more excited. My reasons for wanting to be Vice President is to make sure that everything stays organized this year.I really want everything to be planned out well such as fundraisers that involve all of our class to pay off expenses. I am a very organized person and would only want the best for our senior class.I also want to make sure that our class knows of all new announcements and that way we are kept up to date on any news. I don't want anyone to feel like they're left behind on any of our class decisions and birthdays :D. I will make sure that our senior activity calendar is well organized and that everyone is satisfied with the activities chosen.I also want to make sure that all the other grade levels are well informed about any news that we need to give them.We need to remember that they are still part of our family and we need to notify them on news.This year has to be our best yet and we really need someone that will be dedicated to give time to organize it, as myself.

-yesii :)

Unknown said...

Hi CLASS OF X,

As I run for class treasurer there are some things I would like for you to know. I am a very well organized person and care very much about the well being of our class. I am ready to participate in the events for this year; most importantly I will make sure we have the financial stability needed to make these events possible. I get along well with everyone in our class, so will be available when needed to collect money. I’m very excited about this year and only want the best for our class. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Yo Dimes!
Thank you for making me a nominee for the first ever senior officers election. This year I hope to be our class treasurer because I have many different qualities that are needed to be a leader on this campus. I am very responsible and extremely organized, I have attended every senior meeting and I have been part of every senior activity. I am ready to conquer every challenge that faces my way. I helped with putting the first order for our senior shirts and I also helped with the previous lock in, I planned the water ballon fight, the opportunity for us to be able to enjoy the rockets game in the library and the chance to make smores outside on the deck.
I'm a very big believer that the class of X is the class that has the potential to be the best class that will ever walk across that stage. I am a very proud member of this class and I wish everyone of its members nothing but success and happiness. If I get elected treasurer I will make sure everyones senior year turns out to be nothing less than they expected it to be 6 years ago.